Transportation law focuses on laws related to shippers, freight forwarders, motor carriers, brokers, third party logistics organizers, and shippers associations. Anyone who provides legal representation in the industry must understand how complicated state and federal laws can be, and be able to provide comprehensive representation to clients.
Contracts are one of the most important factors in the shipping industry. There is not a single person in the industry that does not rely on contracts to govern their business relationships. This means contracts must be well-drafted and “cover all of the bases” to avoid any problems in the future. An experienced attorney familiar with transportation law is essential when it comes to creating air-tight contracts. The better the contract, the less likely a dispute will use up your time and money down the road.
How can a well-drafted contract help you minimize risk?
- Settle cargo loss and damage issues
- Eliminate fines incurred for failure to comply with shipping laws, and federal and California regulations
- Settle disputes regarding accident liability
- Resolve financial losses that arise as a result of shipping delays
- Arrange in advance for the way in which disputes will be settled, should one arise
If you are interested in working with an attorney who understands the transportation industry and can help you create contracts that will work for you, Miles Kavaller can help. Miles has years of experience and is familiar with both federal and California shipping and transportation laws. If you would like to know more or you are ready to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation, contact Miles at 805-719-2767.